Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Mom's Birthday

I thought mom would've put something on here by now about how much she loved her birthday. I know we had fun surprising her! And boy was she surprised. I was surprised by how upset some people were that they were not in on the whole thing. I guess you can't please everyone...

It was so hard being in the hotel with her Fri. night and Sat. morning. Especially when she said "I guess we should've had a party or something" I nearly lost it right then. Plus Dad kept calling on the cell phone to check where we were.

Anyway, I think the party was a big success. I especially loved watching mom as she saw all the different people who kept coming to see her, since she didn't know who we had invited. It was a fun weekend with everyone, but too short as always. She said she was totally brain dead at work on Monday from all of the activities of the weekend. I think she was back to normal by Tuesday, though.

Sophie and I enjoyed the rest of the week with mom and dad. I hope we didn't leave things too chaotic for them and that we didn't keep them from getting all their work done. Sophie had us play foosball and Wii for FHE Monday night and I think Dad lost at least an hour and a half to that. I think maybe it was good for him to get a bit of a break

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for being there for mom, and for all of the help to make the party so great! I know she won't forget it for a long time!

1 comment:

Susie Webb said...

Okay, so I have been busy with work these past couple of weeks, but, yes, I definitely loved having everybody here for my birthday! And what a surprise it was!! I know I am really getting old, because the greatest joys are having all of you wonderful kids come here and be together!! Whenever it is, it is the best!! Thanks to all of you for coming and planning such a great day. Val, I'm sorry you and Kanyon and Aleah couldn't be here, but I know how hard it is. And Steve, and the kids, I wish you could have been here too, but thanks for sharing Jen and Sophie. Sophie couldn't believe that Sarah didn't tell here she was coming--I think Sophie was as surprised with the whole thing as I was. And I'll never forget Sophie telling Keith how much he sucked at the WII Karoake--and explaing very seriously to him everthing he was doing wrong. I was amazed at how good she is at the singing!! Thanks for all the work all of you did to make it such a wonderful day. I know I have the best kids in the world, nice, caring,good kids, and I love you all so much.

Now we are all looking forward to being together for the August wedding! That will be great, and I think we will really have to have a real family picture taken. So gear up for that Brenna!!

Hope everyone is doing well--the thought of the new grand-baby keeps me going at work--the event will be here before we know it!! Charlotte, hope you are feeling well, and that teaching is not getting to be too much!! I haven't had a chance to work on the baby quilt again, it seems like I have been working at home every night and at the office the rest of the time.

Dad is going to Atlanta next Sunday evening to go with Lance to see his attorney. They are working on some estate thing (I really don't know what), but he will just be gone Sunday night until Monday night--but, with all the work he has to do here, it is a terrible time to go.

Hope everybody has a great week, and happy Easter Egg hunting to the kids!! Love, Mom & Grandma